Dating Tips for Singles
Do Be on Time- the last thing you want is to keep your dinner dates waiting and making a bad impression.
Do Make your dinner date feel comfortable. Everybody gets a bit nervous about dates so by trying to relax and be calm will make the date more comfortable and enjoyable for all involved.
Try to keep the conversation alive. *Try not to ask questions with yes or no answers. If the conversation is going nowhere try and spark it up. Some conversation starters are-
- If you could take a pill that made you never have a negative thought again, would you?
- What’s your biggest food-related triumph? (i.e. learned to make a soufflé, ate a ten lb cheeseburger)
- If you had a million dollars that you had to give to charitable causes, how would you spend it?
- Do you have a “lucky” object or article of clothing? Does it work?
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
- What's the last place you travelled to?
- What's the most interesting thing you did this week?
- Could you survive without electricity for a week?
Some for later on in the night when you know the people a bit better -
- Ask about her/him free time, what she/he likes to do
- Ask about what work field they are in.
- Ask about family- if they have any brothers and sisters etc
- Favourite TV shows/movies
When finding something to wear that is appropriate make sure you remember-first impressions are important. Dress comfortable and appropriate.
Don’t lie. Honesty is always the best possibility.
Don’t be too picky about the food you are getting. It may reflect on your personality
Don’t comment about your past relationships, try and keep all conversations positive.
The most important tip is to have fun!
"Women often complain men don't approach them at parties"
Why Men don't approach Women:
- Some women look hard or unapproachable which is unappealing. Or they look bored with "no one here for me", written all over their face.
- They sit in groups with other women. Men rarely approach them as they don't know how to break in to the group.
- Women tend to wait for men to approach and rarely instigate. Men are waiting for a sign of acceptance before they proceed.
Tips for Women
- If you want to meet a man don't go out with large groups of girlfriends. They will distract you or not even welcome a man to join your group. It is very hard for a man or even two men to approach three or four women. Go out with one girlfriend. Catch up with your friends on other occasions for girl talk.
- When you arrive at a nightclub or singles party, don't hide in a corner. Walk the room to see who is there and to give men a chance to see you. Then go to the bar to get a drink. Stay close to the bar or the dance floor as it gives men an excuse to stand beside you. Remember they are waiting for a green light to proceed. A friendly smile usually does it. Give men a chance to talk to you.